5 Year Warranty
This warranty is provided in addition to the rights conveyed by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Nothing in this warranty limits or restricts any other statutory right or remedy available to you.
What Is Covered
Kia Warrants that your new Kia vehicle is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms & conditions. Your authorised Kia Dealer will conduct necessary repairs at their place of business, within a reasonable time after delivery of the vehicle to that dealer, during normal business hours. Any required part replacement will be made using new Kia genuine parts, to correct any legitimate fault covered by this warranty without charge to you.
The Warranty Period
The new vehicle warranty is divided into various periods. The warranty period for all coverage commences on the date the vehicle is first delivered to the customer or date of registration, whichever occurs first. It ends at the expiration of the BASIC COVERAGE or other COVERAGE shown below.
(a) Basic Coverage
The basic WARRANTY PERIOD is 36 months or 100,000 kilometres, whichever comes first. Your vehicle is covered during this period - excluding the exclusions or exceptions specified on this website.
(b) Major Driveline Mechanical/Electrical Component Coverage (excluding K2900).
Upon expiration of the 36 months Basic Warranty Period, provided the vehicle mileage remains below 100,000km, the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component coverage begins (except on K2900 Models whereby the total warranty period in 3 years or 100,000km whichever occurs first). This will cover Major Mechanical Driveline and Electrical Components up to 60 months or 100,000km, whichever occurs first, from the earlier date of first delivery or date of registration. It excludes items listed under 'Exclusions or Exceptions' and 'What is not Covered'.
(c) Corrosion Coverage
Any body sheet-metal panel that rusts-through due to corrosion is covered for the basic warranty period.
(d) Kia Service Part Warranty
Kia warrants that Genuine Kia service parts originally installed or replaced at the owners cost after the vehicle warranty had expired, are free from defects in material and workmanship and are covered fro a 12month/20,000km period, whichever occurs first.
The items specified below are covered for periods which are different from the basic coverage.
(a) Air Conditioner Refrigerant Charge
Air Condition refrigerant charge is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of kilometres. Over the balance of the warranty period, refrigerant charge is covered only when replenished as part of a warranty repair.
If warranty service for a tyre is required, please present the unserviceable tyre to the local representative or tyre manufacturer for advice.
The Battery in your vehicle is only covered for the first 12 months of the warranty period regardless of the kilometres.
What Is Not Covered
The items specified below are not covered:
1. Damage Due To Factors Beyond The Manufacturers Control
- Misuse of the Kia vehicle such as (but not limited to) driving over curbs, overloading, racing etc (proper usage is described in your Owners Manual)
- Accidents such as collision, fire, theft, riot.
- Damage resulting from alteration, modification, tampering with the manufacturer's specification or the installation of non-standard equipment or failure to use Genuine Kia Parts.
- Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap etc), salt, road hazards, hail, wind, storm, lightening and other acts of God.
- Cosmetic conditions or surface corrosion from stone chips or scratches in the paint.
2. Damage Due To Lack Of Maintenance Or The Use Of Wrong Fuel, Oil Or Lubricants
- Lack of proper maintenance as described on the following pages.
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified fuel, oil or lubricants recommended in your Owners Manual. Where fuel contamination has occurred, the fuel filter will require replacement, at the owners cost.
3. Normal Deterioration
- Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as decolouration, fading, deformation.
- Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of a Kia Vehicle.
4. Any Of The Following
- Normal maintenance service such as engine tune-up, replenishment or replacement of oil, fluids, wiper blades, drive belts, filters, brake & clutch linings, spark plugs, electric bulbs, gaskets, as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Various adjustments such as brake and clutch adjustment, adjustment of headlamps, wheel alignment, balancing (and rotation where specified) and engine adjustments.
- Maintenance services described as "Scheduled Maintenance Service", "Owner Maintenance Service" or "Appearance Care" in your Owners Manual.
- Any damage resulting from the use of non-genuine Kia parts.
- Any defects caused by repair or replacement by other than an authorised Kia dealer.
- Damage or failure caused by repairs to vehicles involved in accidents which have not been repaired to acceptable industry standards.
- Adjustments to body panels, squeaks and rattles are a period of 3 months from the date of first registration.
- Where a vehicle has been de-registered as a result of a major accident or other serious damage the Kia Factory Warranty will be voided.
- Failures resulting from lack of performance of proper maintenance services as specified in the Owners Manual.
- Any vehicle on which the odometre has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of use of the vehicle, inconvenience or commercial loss where the vehicle is used for the purpose of a business.
Exclusion Relating To Major Driveline Mechanical & Electrical Component Coverage
The following exclusions are in addition to those listed previously, however they relate to the Major Driveline Mechanical and Electrical Component cover specified for the 36 to 60 month period from the date of first registration and provided the vehicle remains below 100,000km.
- Body panels, lights, glass, paint work, trim, upholstery, cosmetic and any body related items including but not limited to door and door lock linkages.
- Batteries, shock absorbers, exhaust system, power steering components, clutch components, tyres, brake components, wheel bearings, seatbelts, air bags and associated components, global positioning systems.