Personal Information Kia Motors collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business Relations
Consumer information is usually collected as owner information at point of sale or via promotions, competitions and consumer queries. The information may include:
- Your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- Details of the vehicle/s you have purchased
- Information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- Details of any prizes you may have won
- A record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Kia Motors collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- To contact you directly about Kia Motors, its vehicles, reminders for servicing, safety recalls, special offers and other promotions
- To register new owners in our "Roadside assistance programme"
- To reward you for being a loyal Kia Motors customer
- To inform you of Kia Motors products or publications we think you might be interested in
- To approve transactions you wish to make
- To confirm your identity
- To provide you with products you have requested
- To follow up or pursue any queries you make
- To conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Kia Motors is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important information on promotions, competitions and other marketing activities for consumers
1. All entries become the property of Kia Motors (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Kia Motors) and are held for up to 4 months after the prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
2. Kia Motors and the Kia Dealer may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Kia Motors, its vehicles, special offers, consumer research and other promotions unless otherwise advised by you. You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by calling the dealership. You may also request an update or correction of the personal information we hold about you by putting the request in writing to the Kia Motors Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under 'Access, and correction of details'.
3. Winners' names and cities will be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
Kia Motors does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Kia Motors outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Kia Motors, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
1. Our related companies
2. Organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
3. Credit reference agencies or other credit providers
4. Government or statutory authorities that may directly contact you on behalf of Kia Motors
Cohesion Net Ratings
Kia Motors uses Cohesion Net Ratings website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic patterns to and from our website. The system is used to anonymously aggregate website statistics such as the number of page views, the number of unique visitors, the time spent on our website, and common entry and exit points into and from the website.
From time to time, random anonymous surveys may also be used to collect further information about our users - participation in these surveys is entirely voluntary.
How Does It Work?
All our pages are coded with a small piece of Cohesion Net Ratings code that is transparent to you when you read that page. The code stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to the website. This information is collected and aggregated by Cohesion Net Ratings and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you. Aggregated information is then provided to us by Cohesion Net Ratings to assist in our analysis of our websites. No individual visitors are identified.
Access & Correction Of Details
You can access personal information Kia Motors holds on you by contacting the Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Kia Motors to correct the information.
Contact Kia Motors Privacy OfficerIf you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Address: 30c Vestey Drive, Mt Wellington, Auckland
Facsimile: (09) 573 3262
Issued by Kia Motors New Zealand Limited October 2006